My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Castro LGBTQ Walking Tour67 Reviews
Explore the diverse and colorful sites of the Castro, home of the world's largest LGBTQ community, on a guided walking tour. Learn about San Francisco's crucial role in LGBTQ culture and civil rights.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the largest LGBTQ neighborhood in the world with a local guide
- Learn how San Francisco's LGBTQ community has impacted world history
- Discover the Harvey Milk Plaza and many other important sights
- See the Rainbow Honor Walk and the Pink Triangle Park and Memorial
- Enjoy an easy walking tour that's ADA-compliant and involves no large hills
DescriptionDiscover the rich diversity of the world's largest LGBTQ community, the Castro, on this award-winning tour. Join a local LGBTQ activist who will guide you through over 170 years of San Francisco's diverse culture and its historical impact. Visit the Pink Triangle Park and Memorial and more. On your educational, inspirational tour, hear about the life and times of Harvey Milk, the slain supervisor and LGBTQ Civil Rights leader who later created the foundation of LGBTQ culture in this San Francisco neighborhood. Find out where he lived, worked, and advocated for equality. See Castro's abundance of historical LGBTQ sites representing the past, present, and future of this evolving sexual and gender-diverse culture. Pause for reflection in Pink Triangle Park and Memorial, which remembers the thousands of homosexual men persecuted during WWII.Continue to the AIDS Memorial Quilt and Names Project, the GLBT Historical Society, the Rainbow Honor Walk — bronze sidewalk plaques honoring famous LGBTQs who have made an impact in world history — and many more sites besides.
IncludesADA-compliant walking tour Guide
- The tour route is easy and ADA-compliant with no large hills Tours run rain or shine