My Guide Website?
From SF: Yosemite Day Trip with Giant Sequoias Hike & Pickup209 Reviews
Explore Yosemite National Park with a small group and expert guide. See Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, El Capitan, and the giant sequoia trees all in one day.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sausalito: San Francisco and Alcatraz Helicopter Tour
- From LA: California Highlights 3-Day Trip with Accommodation
- 49 Mile GoCar Special - All Day For The Price Of 5 Hours
- San Francisco: Wine Country Tastings Tour with Muir Woods
- San Francisco: Day Trip to Yosemite with Giant Sequoias Hike
- Hike to the historic giant sequoias (weather permitting)
- Enjoy a small group tour with a maximum of 15 passengers
- Stop at more places with more photo opportunities
- Admire the waterfalls at Bridalveil Falls
DescriptionBegin your Yosemite National Park day tour by getting picked up at select San Francisco hotels. Cross the Bay Bridge and drive through the Central Valley to the town of Oakdale where you will stop for a short break. Start your day in the park at Tunnel View. Then, go to Bridalveil Falls for a quick walk to the base of the roaring waterfall. Next, proceed onto Half Dome and Yosemite Falls. After, enjoy some free time where you will get a chance to picnic at the base of Yosemite Falls, by a river, or in a granite-enclosed meadow. Chances are high that you will see rock climbers in the spring or fall, bears in the summer, and spectacular ice formations in the winter. After regrouping, head to El Capitan, the center of the rock climbing universe. Depending on the season, you may see some climbers on the rock, but they will appear smaller than ants on the 3000-foot (914 meters) rock. Enjoy a photo stop at Valley View and then head to the Tuolumne Grove to take a one-mile (1.6 km) hike to see a grove of 1500-year-old giant sequoia trees. Please note that the hike to the sequoias may not be available during the snow season. After the hike, head back to San Francisco with a restroom stop along the way.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off at select SF hotels Transportation in a luxury van Restroom and food stops Tour guide Small group guided tour Free time in the park Park entrance fees
- The hike to the giant sequoias may not be available during the snow season, generally November to April
- The one-mile (1.6 km) hike is challenging for people with impaired mobility and heart, knee, or back issues.