My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Waterfront Guided Tour and Alcatraz Ticket331 Reviews
Enjoy an English speaking guided walking tour to some of SF's top attractions including Ghirardelli, Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 followed by Alcatraz and their cell house audio tour (all languages).
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sausalito: San Francisco and Alcatraz Helicopter Tour
- From LA: California Highlights 3-Day Trip with Accommodation
- 49 Mile GoCar Special - All Day For The Price Of 5 Hours
- San Francisco: Wine Country Tastings Tour with Muir Woods
- San Francisco: Day Trip to Yosemite with Giant Sequoias Hike
- Learn about San Francisco's coming-of-age during the Gold Rush
- Discover San Francisco's regional treats such as Dungeness Crab
- Explore Pier 39 and hear about why the sea lions took over
- Enjoy a ticket to Alcatraz and listen to the cell house audio tour
- Marvel at amazing views of the bay and city skyline
DescriptionSee the best of San Francisco on an English speaking walking tour and learn the history behind each turn from your guide. Take in the views of the skyline on your ferry to Alcatraz before exploring this notorious prison. Meet your guide at the north end of Fisherman's Wharf and start your experience by taking in the amazing views of the bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz. Hear how San Francisco transformed from a sleepy village to a booming port city when gold fever swept the nation in 1849. Learn about the life of the Italian chocolatier Domenico Ghirardelli at the famous former chocolate factory in Ghirardelli Square. Stroll along the fog-lined waterfront and drool over the numerous stalls selling crab and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls. Walk a portion of the historic Barbary Coast trail while your guide tells you about its colorful past. You and your group will then make your way to Pier 39 and admire historic ships in the harbor. Witness the colony of sea lions that have taken over many of its docks. Continue along the Embarcadero Promenade and learn about its evolution from a traditional maritime port to a modern urban waterfront filled with trendy restaurants and amusement piers. The walking tour concludes at Pier 33, where you will present your photo ID to receive your Alcatraz tickets. Board your ferry and enjoy a self-guided tour of Alcatraz upon the island. Learn about the history of the cell house and its former residents with an award-winning audio tour available in multiple languages. You can expect to be done with the whole experience in the late afternoon.
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide Walking tour of Fisherman's Wharf Alcatraz entrance ticket Ferry to Alcatraz Cell House audio tour in multiple languages
- Reservations are required at least 10 days prior to the date of tour. Legal names of everyone in the group need to be provided and to match photo ID for adults 18+ years, otherwise your reservation may be cancelled
- It is required to provide the names of all guests 10 days prior to tour date
- This tour will take place rain or shine. The walking tour portion is approximately 1 hour long and on average, you'll spend about 3 hours on Alcatraz Island depending on your preference, since this portion is self-guided
- The walking tour is in English only. The Alcatraz cell house audio tour is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- This tour is non-refundable and non-changeable