My Guide Website?
San Francisco's Castro Neighborhood: Self-Guided Audio Tour
Discover the iconic Castro neighborhood of San Francisco on a self-guided walking tour. Explore Hibernia Beach, Rainbow Honor Walk, and other places with the magic of GPS playback.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Make memories for a lifetime on a self-guided tour of the Castro neighborhood
- Explore the town at your own pace with an audio feature as your personal guide
- Visit famous places in the area like Jane Warner Plaza, Castro Theatre, etc
- Discover hidden gems and interesting facts, history, and culture of the area
- Find out everything about marriage equality, LGBTQ freedom and culture
DescriptionEnjoy a self-guided audio tour to San Francisco’s Castro neighborhood, one of the foremost gayborhoods in the world. Explore the Twin Peaks Tavern, Castro Theatre, and other places with an audio guide at your own pace. You will receive the downloading instructions on your voucher after booking. After downloading the app, start your tour at Jane Warner Plaza. Hear all about the predecessors who paved the way for everything from marriage equality to the popularity of the drag art form. See the Twin Peaks Tavern, the first gay bar in San Francisco, with plateglass windows to show that the community no longer had to meet in secret. Take a glimpse of the real Castro Camera, where political campaigns took place. Marvel at the century-old beauty of the Castro Theatre, Hibernia Beach, and Rainbow Honor Walk. Learn about the GLBT Historical Society Museum, which houses over 900 collectibles of LGBTQ art and history.
IncludesLifetime access VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour. The tour has no time limit You can download the tour any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red-start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English