My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Self-Guided Audio Tour of Japantown & Stories1 Reviews
Familiarise yourself with Japanese culture on a self-guided audio tour of San Francisco's Japantown. Discover hidden street art, meet third-generation origami artists, and visit a Japanese tea shop.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Savor the taste of traditional manju, homemade at a shop over 100 years old
- Explore San Francisco's Japantown at your own pace with a self-guided tour
- Visit the Mihara family's origami store and admire the art in their gallery
- Learn about Japanese history in San Francisco and understand the culture
- Discover ceremonial matcha imported from Kyoto at a traditional tea store
DescriptionWalk into another world on a self-guided audio tour of Japantown in San Francisco. Learn about the history of the Japanese community here, seeing the Mihara family's origami shop, stepping into a Japanese tea store, and tasting handmade manju. Make your way to Osaka Way after downloading the mobile app and start your walking tour. Go at your own pace, choosing to pause and restart the tour if you want to stop at a place you like. Arrive at the Mihara family's historic origami shop and art gallery to hear the story of the third-generation business owner, Linda Mihara. Move on to the tea shop where matcha is imported from Kyoto to be used for tea ceremonies. Save a really special treat for last, indulging in the sweet taste of homemade manju at one of the last few shops remaining in the country that's over 100 years old.
IncludesSelf-guided audio tour and stories Lifetime access to this tour on the app Offline access to audio and maps
- This tour uses a mobile app Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.