My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Golden Gate Bike Tour and Alcatraz Ticket229 Reviews
Enjoy a 2-day 2-tour package. Visit the notorious Alcatraz Prison by ferry and discover its history. Experience the thrill of cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge as you take a guided bike tour from San Francisco to Sausalito.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit Alcatraz Island and discover its history with an audio guide
- Cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge for views of the SF skyline
- Coast downhill into the charming seaside town of Sausalito
- Choose to continue on to Tiburon if you’d like to pedal for longer
- Bike back across the Golden Gate Bridge if you’d prefer the exercise
DescriptionExplore San Francisco by bike and visit Alcatraz with this ticket for two tours over the course of two days. Take the ferry to Alcatraz Prison and uncover the prison's secrets on an audio tour. Enjoy a cycling tour to locations like Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge. Cross San Francisco Bay on a journey to the notorious Alcatraz Prison by ferry. This world-famous prison served as a federal penitentiary from 1934 to 1963 and housed infamous criminals like Al Capone and Robert Stroud, the Birdman. Take the award-winning 45-minute Cellhouse audio tour and hear the tales of those who lived in Alcatraz. This tour brings history alive through the recounting of tales from correctional officers and prisoners. Your bike tour will take place the next day at 10:00 AM. Set off from Fisherman’s Wharf and enjoy a leisurely cycle for around 3 hours. You’ll be fitted out with a current model bike, front handlebar bag, lock, helmet, rear gear rack, and takeaway map – and then you’ll be ready to head out on tour! Follow the San Francisco waterfront with your guide, past Aquatic Park, Fort Mason, the Marina, and the Presidio, through Crissy Field and to Fort Point. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge on a wide bike path, and then proceed to Vista Point and on to Old Fort Baker. The cycling tour comes to an end in Sausalito where you’ll have time to enjoy the shops, the many art galleries, and the delicious food. You can return to San Francisco right after the tour ends, or you may keep the bike until closing hours and enjoy additional time exploring this fascinating area on your own. Important Note: All bike tours take place 1 day after to your selected Alcatraz departure. The date and time selected on your confirmation is for your day 1 Alcatraz Tour. Mornings Alcatraz departure times are allotted, and so will be confirmed to customers approximately 4 days before departure.
IncludesTrip to Alcatraz island, with a ferry to and from the island 2.5-hour self-guided audio tour of the island Professionally guided bike tour Full-day, bonus bike rental after the conclusion of your guided tour Helmet Map Lock and key
- Due to National Park restrictions, Alcatraz reservations cannot be moved or rescheduled after booking • Please contact the activity provider if you would like to reschedule your bike tour
- The date you choose for booking is when you will visit Alcatraz. Your bike tour will take place the next day at 10:00 AM. For example, if your desired Alcatraz date is July 1, your bike tour date will be on July 2 • The Cellhouse audio tour is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish • The tour follows bike paths and the riding is mostly on flat landscapes • Credit card deposit may be required at the start of the bike tour
- E-bike upgrade is available for $40