My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Embarcadero Self-Guided Audio Smartphone Tour
Take in San Francisco's historic waterfront on a self-paced walking tour installed on your mobile device. Learn about the history of the Embarcadero and how climate change can impact the bay's future.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Be transported into the bay's past and future through decriptive audio narration
- Listen to content developed by an award-winning radio producer
- Admire the waterfront of the Embarcadero and visit the historic Ferry Building
- Enjoy the flexibility of a self-paced tour
- Benefit from unlimited access to the app before and after your booking date
DescriptionVisit San Francisco's Ferry Building and nearby piers at your own pace on a self-guided app-based walking tour. Journey through time along the Embarcadero as you listen to fascinating commentary with a focus on history and climate change. After installing the app on your smartphone, begin your tour on the day and time of your choosing at Rincon Park on the waterfront. Catch views of the Financial District’s skyscrapers on one side and the glistening bay on the other. Follow the audio instructions as you walk down piers and discover important landmarks like the Ferry Building. As you make your way toward the Exploratorium, hear stories about how rising seas and increasing storm surges impose a threat to the area's future and learn what can be done to save it. Enjoy narrated content that was curated by an award-winning radio producer. Pause or restart the tour at any time thanks to lifetime access.
IncludesSelf-guided tour app for Android and iOS Audio narration Offline functionality Lifetime access to app
- The self-guided audio tour lasts approximately 90 minutes if followed from start to finish without pause. Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.