My Guide Website?
Monterey Peninsula Drive: A Self-Guided Audio Tour1 Reviews
Dip your toes into the history of this Chautauqua city on a coastal drive on this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS-playback on this immersive drive through the Monterey Peninsula.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sausalito: San Francisco and Alcatraz Helicopter Tour
- From LA: California Highlights 3-Day Trip with Accommodation
- 49 Mile GoCar Special - All Day For The Price Of 5 Hours
- San Francisco: Wine Country Tastings Tour with Muir Woods
- San Francisco: Day Trip to Yosemite with Giant Sequoias Hike
- Soak in the history and scenic views of this Cultural Center of the West
- Hear from producer Bob Hamilton, an entertainment industry veteran
- Do it all in 90 minutes or linger at stops along the way with complete control
- Get unlimited use of the tour before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionSet off on one of the most beautiful drives in the world, where I’ll share captivating stories about how the quaint town of Pacific Grove grew into a thriving city nicknamed Chautauqua by the Sea. Pacific Grove is often overlooked in favor of its neighbors but, on this driving tour, I’ll tell you how it came to be known as the Cultural Center of the West, with thousands of people swarming to the town via the Southern Pacific Railroad every week to experience the Methodist Church's Chautauqua. The Chautauqua Movement's range of music, drama, lectures and activities geared towards adult education and entertainment would forever change the face of Pacific Grove. I’ll show you where famous orators like William Jennings Bryan delivered speeches to gathering crowds, and U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt called Chautauqua “the most American thing in America”. On this driving tour, you’ll cruise along Ocean View Boulevard and Sunset Drive, soaking up stunning views, before heading into Downtown. Along the way, you’ll hear Monterey Peninsula’s rich history starting with Native Americans, Chinese families, Italian fishermen, Spanish settlers and, finally, American families in the early 1900s. I’ll also show you the city’s stunning architecture and some of its over 700 historically listed buildings.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.