My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Self-Driving Tour via the Golden Gate Bridge4 Reviews
Get to know this San Francisco inside and out while seeing top attractions on this self-guided driving tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn the history of San Francisco and see the most iconic landmarks
- Visit cultural hotspots like Chinatown and Manilatown
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge and learn its history
- Benefit from an interactive self-guided tour via an app
- See animated videos to visualize different parts of the tour
DescriptionExperience San Francisco on this self-guided tour via an app that functions as a guide, narrator, and map. Learn about the city while visiting top attractions and must-see spots. Enjoy a tour that’s been developed by local guides, creative writers, and professional voice artists. Start your experience by downloading the app that will function as your personal guide, audio tour, and map all in one (download instructions received via email after booking). After downloading the app, begin your tour at the Painted Ladies. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! NOTE: This 10-mile-long tour covers the essentials of San Francisco in 2-3 hours. The Painted Ladies is one of the city’s top attractions. These beautiful, colorful homes exemplify Frisco’s funky culture. From there, hear about the city’s unique history and how it became one of the most progressive cities around. Head into the city’s tech quarter and spot big-name headquarters like Uber and Twitter. Get a crash course on how the city became the go-to spot for the most cutting-edge tech produced anywhere. Then, swing by San Francisco City Hall. Get the inside scoop of how Hollywood uses this building as a stand-in for Washington, D.C.’s Capitol Building in all sorts of films. After that, ride down Lombard Street, also known as the most crooked street in the world. This picturesque, winding road has been another Hollywood staple for ages. Next, climb Telegraph Hill for a look at the famous Coit Tower and unbeatable views of the city. Get help identifying some of the most famous structures that make up Frisco’s skyline. Afterward, it’s on to Chinatown and Manilatown. Hear about the long, often embattled, history of both historic districts. Experience the rich culture of these spots. Turn onto Stockton Street and get a look at something else you won’t see every day: cable cars. Get a history lesson on these quirky little cars and learn why they are still used today. At last, reach the waterfront, home to some of the best foods and drinks in the city. Finish off your tour with astonishing views of the bay.
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy only one tour per car. Don’t hassle with “per person” bus tickets. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Driving tours: Use one tour per car and connect to the car speakers.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.