My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Gold, Greed, and Gunslingers Walking Tour7 Reviews
Explore San Francisco's former life as the devilish Barbary Coast on this tell-all walking history tour. Discover the Gold Rush city with a guide, and find out the dirty truth of Manifest Destiny.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hear tales of shanghaied sailors, doomed lovers, and gang wars
- Stroll through the only neighborhood to survive the 1906 earthquake
- Uncover the ugly truth of anti-immigrant sentiment during the Gold Rush
- Find out what’s buried under the streets of the Jackson Square District
- Explore San Francisco with a knowledgable guide and fun-loving group
DescriptionSan Francisco may charm visitors with its landmarks and friendly demeanor, but there are skeletons and secrets buried under those iconic, steep streets. Once known as the “Barbary Coast,” 19th century San Francisco was a den of debauchery, greed, and murder. Explore this Gold Rush city with a seasoned local guide, and find out the dirty truth of Manifest Destiny. You’ll meet your guide on the outskirts of Chinatown, where tales of anti-Chinese sentiment, gang wars, and the pursuit of gold are embedded in the architecture. From there, you’ll delve into the Devil’s Acre, Sydney Town, and the only neighborhood to survive the 1906 earthquake. Gaze up at a saloon built into a ship’s hull, where unfortunate sailors were shanghaied and forced into years of hard labor; hear the tragic love story of Arabella Ryan and James Cora; and find out how Sam Brannon fought a notorious gang called “The Hounds.” Along the way, you’ll unlock local tips from a seasoned San Francisco local, ending with gorgeous waterfront views at Pier 7. Are you ready to get to know the real San Francisco? Book a tour today.
IncludesWalking tour Guide
- This tour takes place rain or shine. This tour is not recommended for people who cannot walk more than a mile.