My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Secrets of Golden Gate Park Audio Tour3 Reviews
Explore Golden Gate Park at your own pace on this self-guided audio tour. Walk through the park as you hear the best stories selected by San Francisco Chronicle journalists from the SFC archive.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the sights, sounds, and smells of San Francisco's Golden Gate Park
- Hear the best forgotten stories sourced by San Francisco Chronicle journalists
- Go at your own pace and spend time at the locations that most interest you
- Learn about arrogant tycoons and one giant, stuffed grizzly bear on this walk
- Admire views of the city of San Francisco from the picturesque Stow Lake
DescriptionOn this self-guided walking tour, take in the serene oasis that is Golden Gate Park. It's filled with museums, lakes, bison, a Ferris wheel, and more than a thousand acres of meadows, redwood groves, and gardens. Learn about its history with this self-guided audio tour. While you walk, hear the park's story which is one of arrogant tycoons humbled by natural disasters, gunfire, and graft. It's the story of a city that honors its fallen and of one giant, stuffed grizzly bear. Perfect for natives and tourists alike, the tour was created by San Francisco Chronicle journalists Peter Hartlaub and Heather Knight. It combines their love for exploring the city with the knowledge they've gained scouring The San Francisco Chronicle archive for the best stories. Highlights include: • Conservatory of Flowers: discover the controversial first museum in Golden Gate Park • AIDS Memorial Grove: hear the inspiring story of a volunteer-driven sanctuary built out of love • California Academy of Sciences: learn about the museum's resident 90-year-old fish and reindeer-friendly roof • Stow Lake: admire views of San Francisco • Music Concourse: visit the place where the Golden Gate Park Band has been performing for San Franciscans for 139 years • Sweeny Observatory and Monarch Grove: tour the ruins of a shrine to wealthy excess and hear about the park's ties to the bear on the California flag
IncludesVoiceMap App for Android and iOS with unlimited access Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- • This is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time, and complete at your own pace
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you make your way to the starting point
- This tour follows a set route and includes directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next
- Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.