My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Private Muir Woods and Sausalito Tour5 Reviews
Spend a half-day on a privately guided tour visiting the coastal redwoods of Muir Woods and the seaside village of Sausalito, offering stunning views of San Francisco.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire up-close the magnificent redwood trees in Muir Woods National Monument
- Learn about the biology and history of some of the tallest and oldest trees in the world
- Explore the picturesque small seaside town of Sausalito on the San Francisco Bay
- Enjoy a meal with breathtaking views of the San Francisco Skyline in the background
- Choose from either a morning or afternoon private tour for up 13 people
DescriptionEscape the busy city life and head to Muir Woods National Monument to spend a half-day on a privately guided tour of one of the only groves of historic coastal redwoods in the area. Stop in the seaside village of Sausalito where you’ll see stunning views of San Francisco. Choose from a morning or afternoon tour and begin your coastal journey by getting picked up at your hotel, accommodation, or any other location of your choice in San Francisco. Head north across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge for the 30-minute drive to Muir Woods. Along the way, learn about the historic old-growth coastal redwood trees (Sequoia Sempervirens). Once you reach the park, you and your group will have about an hour and a half to wander, hike, and witness the magnificence of some of the tallest and oldest trees in the world on your own. Afterward, drive to the quaint, seaside town of Sausalito for a one hour stop to explore and take in some of the best views of San Francisco. From Sausalito, your tour guide will drop you off back to your hotel, accommodation, or elsewhere in San Francisco.
IncludesExpert local guide Private transportation in a passenger van Pickup and drop off at your San Francisco location Bottled water
- The Muir Woods park entrance fee is not included in the price and is paid at the entry gate of the park. Cash and credit cards accepted
- The exact start and finish time will depend on the timing and availability of parking reservations at Muir Woods
- The National Park Service does not allow tour guides to lead hikes within Muir Woods. A detailed commentary will be provided on the way in and out of Muir Woods The tour can be customized to suit your preferences. Your tour guide will contact you to confirm the itinerary and pickup location
- Your group will travel in a passenger van with seating for up to 13 people (bench seating). This is a large, comfortable, reliable vehicle with air conditioning
- Weather and traffic can be unpredictable and may impact the duration of this tour