My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Muir Woods, Sausalito & Alcatraz Guided Tour245 Reviews
Wander under the redwood trees in Muir Woods and admire scenic seaside views in Sausalito on a guided, small group tour. Board a ferry to explore the infamous prison on Alcatraz Island.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk under the boughs of redwood trees in the Muir Woods National Monument Park
- Breathe in the fresh forest air as you marvel at the redwoods' massive scale
- Ride across the Golden Gate Bridge and enjoy a photo opportunity on the way
- Relax with over an hour of free time to explore the Muir Woods National Monument
- Learn about the way of life in the infamous prison on Alcatraz Island
DescriptionSpend a day with a San Francisco local as you embark on a small group tour to area highlights. Enjoy a unique blend of nature and history as you stroll through ancient Redwood trees, visit Sausalito, and board a ferry to Alcatraz. Choose your route option to visit Muir Woods or Alcatraz first. Begin your tour when you meet your guide in San Francisco. Depart for your chosen first destination, Muir Woods National Monument Park or Alcatraz. Note that if you choose the 8:30am departure time, you will visit Muir Woods and Sausalito first followed by Alcatraz and if you choose the 9:10am departure time, you will visit Alcatraz first followed by Muir Woods and Sausalito. If you've chosen Muir Woods first, you will be picked up in a luxury Mercedes Sprinter van. Once you arrive in Muir Woods, admire the breathtaking majesty and fresh air of the ancient redwood forest. You will then visit the seaside community of Sausalito. Admire the Mediterranean flair and the large assortment of houseboats. You will then be dropped off at Pier 33, where you will travel by ferry to reach Alcatraz Island and enter the prison. While you explore, listen to the award-winning Cellhouse audio tour. If you've chosen to visit Alcatraz first, you will board a ferry at Pier 33 to visit the famous island prison. Wander the halls with your audio guide and explore the island. Learn about the famous criminals who were incarcerated here, like Al Capone and George 'Machine Gun' Kelly. Then you will be picked up at 12:50pm in a luxury Mercedes Sprinter van to visit the Muir Woods National Monument Park and the colorful town of Sausalito.
IncludesPicture stop at the Golden Gate Bridge viewpoint Guided tour around Sausalito and free time Free time to explore Muir Woods Transport in luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Sprinter Round-trip ferry fare from Pier 33 to Alcatraz Island Entry ticket to Alcatraz prison Audio tour
- If you select the 8:30am departure time, your tour will meet at 545 Post St near Union Square and you will visit Muir Woods & Sausalito in the morning, followed by Alcatraz in the afternoon. If you select the 9:10am departure time, your tour will meet at Pier 33 in Fisherman's Wharf and you will visit Alcatraz in the morning, followed by Muir Woods & Sausalito in the afternoon. Note that if you select the option with 72-hour cancellation, you must cancel directly with the tour operator.