My Guide Website?
San Francisco: Design in the Financial District Audio Tour1 Reviews
See the Financial District's architecture through the eyes of urban design critic John King on this self-guided audio tour. Explore at your own pace and see some of the area's most iconic designs.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the iconic sights and hidden gems of the San Francisco's Financial District
- Gain insights from John King, the San Francisco Chronicle's urban design critic
- Go at your own pace and continue to explore the places that most interest you
- Make use of the audio tour whenever you like with unlimited access to the app
- Discover the area's most notable architecture and design from the 20th century
DescriptionExplore San Francisco’s historic Financial District with this self-guided audio walking tour created by John King, the San Francisco Chronicle's urban design critic. See the area's most impressive architecture and delve into the history of some of its most iconic buildings. Find out about this area inhabited by gargoyles and walruses, where redwood trees hug an 850-foot pyramid. Learn how the past collides with the present and find the hidden clues that show how the district has evolved. Go at your own pace with plenty of opportunities to take a break along the way. Some of the highlights from the tour: • The identity of shrouded sculptures that look down on San Francisco's famous cable cars • An ornate office building that's only 20 feet wide • A 20-story metal high-rise perched atop two classical banks • Stunning art deco lobbies • Why everybody was wrong about the Transamerica Pyramid • The office of fictional detective Sam Spade
IncludesVoiceMap App for Android and iOS with unlimited access Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- • This is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time, and complete at your own pace
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you make your way to the starting point
- This tour follows a set route and includes directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next
- Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.