My Guide Website?
Roast Your Own Coffee: SF Bay Area
If you’ve ever wondered how to roast coffee, this class near San Francisco will teach all you need to know! In this hands-on workshop, you will learn a new skill and roast your own batch of coffee.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- San Francisco: Monterey and Carmel Tour
- San Francisco: Half-Day Wine Country Excursion with Tastings
- San Francisco: Wine Country Tastings Tour with Muir Woods
- From San Francisco: Monterey and Carmel Day Tour
- San Francisco: Alcatraz Island and Guided City Tour
- Enjoy specialty coffee and explore popular home-roasting techniques
- Watch the transformation of green beans to roasted coffee in an open roaster
- Learn the ancient art of hand-roasting a small batch of coffee beans
- Taste the rare treat of delicious Cascara, a tea made from coffee cherries
- Take home your roasted coffee and green coffee to roast at home
DescriptionEnjoy coffee brewed by barista Donna while examining several popular home-roasting methods, some using simple tools easily found in many homes. This roasting class is great for beginners, and you can ask questions on any aspect of coffee. Sharpen your senses as green coffee beans are placed in an open roaster and you observe first-hand the sights, sounds, and aromas as beans transform from green to brown. The demonstration brings the roasting process to life and prepares you for the next segment. Here, your guide will explain how to use a handheld roaster over an open-flame stove. Now you take charge as the coffee maestro by pre-heating your ceramic roaster, adding green beans, and applying a gentle motion while watching the progress of your roast develop to the level you desire. When your session ends you will leave as an accomplished coffee roaster with your personally roasted beans plus a bag of green beans to roast at home. We have over 150 5-star reviews on other venues.
IncludesCoffee roasting workshop All roasting equipment A cookie, biscotti, or baker's choice snack A specialty coffee of your choice 1 bag of roasted coffee beans 1 bag of green coffee beans to roast at home
- This is an outdoor activity. Roasting equipment is provided and no special skills are required The venue is about 2 miles from Fairfax and there is no public transportation available