My Guide Website?
From San Francisco: Muir Woods and Sausalito Group Tour1 Reviews
Discover towering redwood trees in Muir Woods, ride across the impressive Golden Gate Bridge, and admire scenic sea views in Sausalito on this small-group guided tour from San Francisco.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Breathe in fresh air as you explore the giant redwood forest of Muir woods
- See the quirky and colorful houseboats, restaurants, and shops in Sausalito
- Ride across the Golden Gate Bridge and take in panoramic views over the city
- Relax with over an hour of free time to explore the Muir Woods National Monument
- Learn about the Golden Gate's history and engineering from your guide
DescriptionCross one of San Francisco's most famous landmarks, the Golden Gate Bridge, on your way to the beautiful redwood forests in Muir woods on this guided tour. Begin your tour by taking in the skyline of San Francisco, the Bay, and Alcatraz Island from the Golden Gate. Stop for photos and admire the Art Deco style and bright orange-colored steel. Then, head to the Muir Woods National Monument. Pass by the majestic Mount Tamalpais and down a hilly coastal route along the Marin Headlands. Reach the Muir Woods and enjoy a free walk of 1 hour and 15 minutes to stroll among the old-growth redwoods and soak up the atmosphere. Follow winding trails and admire the diversity of flora and fauna. Stop for a break and buy food or a little redwood tree souvenir in the visitor center. Next, visit the beautiful Mediterranean-style seaside city of Sausalito. Walk around the picturesque town with your guide and pass by sea-view houses, shops, and cafes lining the waterfront. Visit the colorful Sausalito houseboat community, and discover architectural gems with your guide. See repurposed working boats and vessels dating back to World War II. From here, you can decide to explore more of Sausalito or take the ferry back across the bay. You can also be dropped back off in San Francisco. Note that if your tour starts at 8:30am, your drop-off location will be at Pier 33. If your tour starts at 12:50pm, you may be dropped off at Pier 33 or at 545 Post St.
IncludesPicture stop at the Golden Gate Bridge viewpoint Guided tour around Sausalito and free time Free time to explore Muir Woods Luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Sprinter van
- If you select the 8:30am departure time, your meeting point is at 545 Post St. (outside the Hotel Zeppelin). If you select the 12:50pm departure time, your meeting point is at Pier 33. You will be picked up in a black sprinter van. This tour will take place rain or shine