My Guide Website?
California Academy of Sciences Thursday NightLife Admission15 Reviews
Calling all creatures of the night: explore the nocturnal side of the Academy with science, music, creatures, and cocktails. Culture grows in the dark—Thursday nights at the Academy.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in San Francisco:If youʻre booking your trip to San Francisco last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sausalito: San Francisco and Alcatraz Helicopter Tour
- From LA: California Highlights 3-Day Trip with Accommodation
- 49 Mile GoCar Special - All Day For The Price Of 5 Hours
- San Francisco: Wine Country Tastings Tour with Muir Woods
- San Francisco: Day Trip to Yosemite with Giant Sequoias Hike
- Enjoy music, creatures, cocktails, every Thursday night at this 21+ only event
- Explore hands-on exhibits and enjoy a diverse range of programs
- Groove to San Francisco's best DJs and performers
- Experience unique thought-provoking themes each month
DescriptionExplore the nocturnal side of the California Academy of Sciences, the only place on Earth with an aquarium, planetarium, rainforest, and natural history museum. Experience these exhibits and more during Thursday’s festive 21+ only NightLife event, and sip on wine, beer, or a unique specialty cocktail available for purchase at bars throughout the museum. Get the party started with cool science and new unique themes every month. With live DJs, bars, ambiance lighting, and nearly 60,000 live animals (including familiar faces like Claude, our alligator with albinism), the night is sure to be wild. Meet the newest African penguin chicks, Pogo and Ozzie and the rest of the colony of playful penguins in African Hall. Catch the latest immersive show in the 75-foot planetarium, taking you on a spectacular journey to the far reaches of the universe, featuring different themes at varying times throughout the night. Step inside a lush, four-story rainforest teeming with life—from free-flying birds to exotic reptiles, amphibians, and more.
IncludesEntrance to the California Academy of Sciences NightLife event Entrance to all current exhibits, including the rainforest, aquarium, and planetarium (planetarium seats are subject to availability)
- You must be 21 years or older with valid, physical photo ID to attend NightLife
- Last entry into the rainforest dome is at 7:30 PM. Please note: The rainforest will be closed for infrastructure maintenance from 8/21/23-11/17/23.
- Planetarium passes are required for planetarium shows during NightLife. Reserve your planetarium show passes (additional $5) in advance at tickets.calacademy.org/nlpl/ or by scanning the QR code in the lobby as soon as you arrive. Please note that reservations are first-come, first-served
- All food and drink must be enjoyed in the Café or outdoors
- NightLife is open every Thursday from 6:00 PM-10:00 PM. Visit https://www.calacademy.org/nightlife to see weekly themes.