My Guide Website?
Yosemite National Park Full-Day Trip
Gold Country https://www.myguidesanfrancisco.com/events/yosemite-national-park-full-day-trip
San Francisco: Day Trip to Yosemite with Giant Sequoias Hike
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour hike among the towering Giant Sequoias of Yosemite
- Wander around Yosemite Falls or find a serene overlook to sit and reflect during free time
- Learn about the geologic wonders that formed the park from your guide, all from the comfort of a clean energy biofuel vehicle
- Marvel at El Capitan and Half Dome from Tunnel View, one of most famous views in the park
- See all the highlights while avoiding the crowds with this small sized group
DescriptionSpend an active, fun-filled day learning why Yosemite is one of America’s most popular national parks. Hike through the park with an experienced guide and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature on this tour. Start off by making your way east from San Francisco and heading across the Bay Bridge. Continue toward the Sierras and into the mountains. Learn about California’s rich history as you pass through some of the first settlements built during the Gold Rush. Arrive in Yosemite National Park for a 2.5-mile round-trip hike to see the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias. Be prepared for a strenuous hike, descending 400 feet into the grove, before turning around and trekking back up. Next, cruise into the famous Yosemite Valley to take in views of Bridalveil Falls, El Capitan, Half Dome, and more. Capture breathtaking photos at Tunnel View and take in the eastern expanse of Yosemite Valley. Then, enjoy 1.5 hours of free time to explore on your own. You can meander down paved paths, hike around Yosemite Falls, engage further with the park’s history at the visitor’s center, or visit the Ansel Adams Gallery. In the late afternoon, you’ll depart for San Francisco, stopping for a short break before arriving back in the city. Arrive back at your hotel in the late evening to sleep off the day’s adventures.
IncludesYosemite Park entrance fees Transportation in a biofuel vehicle Tour guide
- Please note, during certain winter months, the hike to the Giant Sequoias may not be offered due to snowpack levels. As of January 2020, the snow levels are too high to safely be able to reach the grove. Instead of the hike, you will receive 3-hours of free time inside Yosemite Valley, instead of the typical 1.5-hours. The Giant Sequoias hike should resume in April/May 2020, but due to the ever-changing weather conditions, it's possible to resume at any time
- Please be prepared for a strenuous hike upon arrival to Yosemite with good walking shoes and water. If you are not in shape for hiking, you will not be able to see the Giant Sequoia Trees as they are at the bottom of a moderately steep out and back trail (2.5 miles total). The group will take this trail at a moderate pace in order to provide sufficient time visiting Yosemite Valley
- Your small group will consist of no more than 13 passengers